Welcome to Sweeties Creations

My husband calls me Sweetie, but I also call him that. I do enjoy baking so much that it's almost part of my daily routine. There is always cookies or cakes of somesort. I am always trying out new recipes.

Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Breast cancer 3 Day 60 Mile Walk

A few years ago I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer 3 day 60 mile walk. To participate I needed to pay or raise $2,400 or more. I had wonderful contributions from David and Bianca Lisonbee thru the foundation 4Life and from my generous husband Dave. I sold home made cake and cookies and made installments for the rest. It was a growing experience for me since I didn't have a buddy to walk with I walked alone among thousands of other people that were there for the cause. My wonderful Husband was there with the kids my parents and my brother with his kids to cheer me on.  I don't have a history of breast cancer in my family nor do I have it, but I do believe that we don't need to have a illness to be part of finding or helping find a cure. I did see many women that had lost their hair and were going thru chemo walking and I was tired walking 20 miles a day for 3 days, I admired their determination for the cause they were fighting for their own lives for. I do believe in monthly self breast exams and mammograms. Getting your yearly physicals and pap smears every year on the month of your birthday so you remember. Transfer Factor a supplement I take and my family including my children take has been a great blessing for us, www.4life.com It keeps my immune system up and ready for any virus I do get the flu but I could go years without it. Swine flu...I don't worry. I have been blessed.

No comments: